Urgent help needed. MS SQL Server 2012

• Hi, I've just got a call (6pm on a Friday!) from a customer who has had his line-of-business application provider sell him a solution which required SQL Server 2012 Standard, yet the supplier (joyfully) installed the evaluation version of SQL Server 2012 Enterprise. This has now ticked over and expired. My problem is that (a) I can't now get into the Management Studio to back up the database and move it to a new instance, (b) The only licensing I have available is SPLA licensing for SQL which doesn't require a license key (so I can't just stick a volume license key in the existing SQL instance), and (c) The customer needs to have this working for Monday morning since it's core to the business (and I already told him it was fixed, before realising my junior had extended the licensing grace period of Windows 2012 not SQL 2012). Anyway, as i'm not really SQL-savvy, can someone explain how to either extend the license grace period for the SQL instance, or how to remedy the issue with the SPLA version of SQL Server 2012 Standard? Thanks!

• this is SPAM - not flagging it yet but no point in anyone responding to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply