upscling to 20 CALs from 5CAls

• I have been running SQL 7 with 5 CALs, I just purchased another SQL 7 with 20 CALs from eBay..

I am looking for the best solution to upgrade my current 5 CALs to 20CALs.

Do I uninstall the current SQL 7 with 5 cals and install the new one with 20 cals?

If so, will this procedure have any effects on my current databases I have been running?

Is there a better way to upscale to 20 CALs w/o affecting my databases currently on the system??

Any input/advise would be greatly appreciated.

@aadba

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Go to the control panel and click on the licensing.Hopefully that should get you going

Mike

• As Mike said, you won't need to reinstall, just change the licensing.

Furthermore, if you have restricted your connections to 5, you'll want to increase them now. BUT, in your question, you asked how to upscale to 20. You now have 25, 5 from your original, and the new 20. So, unless you intend to use the 5 somewhere else, you should increase your current installation to 25, not 20.

• Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure which control panel you are talking about..

FYI- I am not concern about the licenses, I am actually concern about the process of removing my SQL/Server 7 5cals and installing the new one with 20cals, whether this procedure will have any effects on my current databases already working with SQL/Server 5cals. I hope I made myself clear..

Thank you,

@aadba

• please disregard my recent post. I didn't see hoo-t post.

Hoo-t, could you please explain how to change the licenses from 5cals to 20clas, this would be an ideal solution w/o deinstalling my current SQL/Server.

Thank you.

@aadba

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply