Upgrade SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2005

• I found the code I was looking for. I might be from one of the previously mentioned KB articles but if you send me your e-mail via a private message. I'll send it to you.

It this doesn't work I think your stuck and will have to recreate the logins and loose the passwords.

David

• Hi David,

Please don't send solutions via private emails/PMs. The people reading these threads are all interested in what you (or any forum member for that matter) can contribute to the questions posted. So please post your replies on the forum even if you think it is a shot in the dark. The PO will see it coz he/she will be alerted if someone replies to their original question.

Thanks,

Jan

PS: I'm quite interested in the PO's question as well. Still got one 6.5 database around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• As Version 7.0 supports DTS, then perhaps the solution is to migrate to 7.0 first, then use DTS to get from 7.0 to 2005. Or use multiple steps: 6.5 to 7, 7 to 200, 200 to 2005. These are all proven to work and lots of help can be found making those individual steps, where-as jumping from 6.5 to 2005 has been accomplished by scant few.

Might just be the answer...

/Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply