Updating ServerName in ADO.NET connection

• I inherited a SSIS package using SQL 2008 R2, that has several ADO.NET connections defined.

The original developer has the connections pointing to his local environment and of course I do not have access to it.

My problem is that when I try and replace the value in ServerName with a server I have access to, or when I try and change the connection string to point to a different server, I am able to do that, but the changes "don't stick". When I get out of the connection and come back in the original values are still there.

I can override the connection string at run time with no problem, but at design time I cannot do it.

Any ideas?

• the original developer has most likely defined a expression to build the connection string - on the properties of the connection, look for expressions and see what is there.

Most common is to set the connection string to a variable. this variable is easily updated from a config file or even command line /SET (or /PAR) when executing the package.

• Close enough. He had defined a variable for ServerName and that was overriding my changes.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply