update SSIS package to the SSIS catalog (already existing folder having 3 packages)

• I have to deploy a package to the existing folder in SSIS Catalog, I have not done this before, Can you please help..

I have tried to export the package to get the ispac, but i am not able to open the ispac from my local to get the package updated.

Please help.

• Eshika (12/15/2015)

I have to deploy a package to the existing folder in SSIS Catalog, I have not done this before, Can you please help..

I have tried to export the package to get the ispac, but i am not able to open the ispac from my local to get the package updated.

Please help.

An ispac file is created by building an SSIS project from within VS.

Once you have done this, you should be able to right click the relevant 'Projects' node in SSISDB and select Deploy Project to deploy to it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thank you for your response,

I have a package and it is one of the 3 deployed packages in a folder. Do I need other two packages as well to deploy to the project? is there a way I could just update the package and deploy?

In the source selection, if I select project deployment file, can I select the package I have and deploy or do I need to have an ispac?

• Eshika (12/15/2015)

Thank you for your response,

I have a package and it is one of the 3 deployed packages in a folder. Do I need other two packages as well to deploy to the project? is there a way I could just update the package and deploy?

In the source selection, if I select project deployment file, can I select the package I have and deploy or do I need to have an ispac?

You need all three packages in a VS project.

When you build the project, the ispac is created which contains all three packages.

There is no way (yet) to deploy single packages (other than creating projects which contain only one package).

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply