update data source on all SSRS reports

• I have many reports that are using a shared data source. The data source looks like this and it is deployed to a certain location on the reports server. I crossed out some sensitive information. But hopefully you can see what this is.

DataSource

Our Windows admin is about to delete this account and he has created a new account for me to use. I tried putting in the new Windows user name and password in the above configuration but for some reason, it's not letting me update the connection. I am 100% sure I am typing it in correctly. It's as if this particular data source doesn't want to update. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

So, instead of updating the existing connection, I created a new data source using the new Windows account and now I need to update all my reports to this new connection. If it's just a few reports, I would go into each of them.... for example, like this report, and browse for the new data source and apply the change.

But I have many many reports so it is not feasible for me to do this manually.

I thought I could update the existing data source. But as stated above, I am not able to update it for some reason.

So, I have 2 requests for any experts here.

(1). Can you please show me what I am doing wrong in trying to update the existing data source. All I am doing is typing in the new username and password in the first picture. But it's not accepting the new Windows account for some reason.

So, if this can't be resolved, then...

(2) Can you show me how I can mass update all my reports to use the new data source. (The fact that I am able to create the new data source shows that I am not mistyping something in my attempt to update the existing data source)

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply