Unsure how to define this query

• I need to make a query that will select all items only with ALL their warehouses datelastsale earlier than 2016-09-01.

If Wh1, Wh2 are before 2016-09-01 or blank, but Wh3 is 2017-09-01 I don't want this item to show.

I first thought of using this  but I just can't put my finger on making int work the way I want...

SELECT        fd.Warehouse, I.StockCode, I.Description, fd.QtyOnHand, fd.QtyOnOrder, fd.DateLastSale
    FROM InvMaster AS I INNER JOIN
    (SELECT StockCode, Warehouse, QtyOnHand, QtyOnOrder, DateLastSale FROM InvWarehouse WHERE (DateLastSale<'2016-09-01' OR DateLastSale IS NULL)) AS fd ON I.StockCode = fd.StockCode

In reference of the example I provided, this will list the item with Wh1 and Wh2, but there can be a Wh3 not showing, so I wouldn't want this item at all.

I tried

SELECT        I.StockCode, I.Description
    FROM InvMaster AS I INNER JOIN
    (SELECT StockCode, MAX(DateLastSale) FROM InvWarehouse WHERE (DateLastSale<'2016-09-01' OR DateLastSale IS NULL) GROUP BY StockCode) AS fd ON I.StockCode = fd.StockCode

But this doesn't work at all and I would lose my warehouse info such as QtyOnHand, QtyOnOrder.

Any help would be appreciated.

• I'm not sure from your description exactly what you are trying to do but a NOT EXISTS clause should do the job for you.

SELECT fd.Warehouse,
    I.StockCode,
    I.Description,
    fd.QtyOnHand,
    fd.QtyOnOrder,
    fd.DateLastSale
    FROM InvMaster AS I
    INNER JOIN InvWarehouse fd
    ON I.StockCode = fd.StockCode
    AND (fd.DateLastSale < '2016-09-01'
    OR fd.DateLastSale IS NULL)
    WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT *
    FROM InvWarehouse x
    WHERE x.StockCode = fd.StockCode
    AND fd.DateLastSale > '2016-09-01')

• FYI: Duplicate post of https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/unsure-how-to-define-this-query

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Oh!... I apologize for the duplicate, it didn't pass through the first time (gateway error). :o(  Please delete if possible.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  saintor1.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply