Unpivot

• Vimal Lohani (10/15/2014)

twin.devil (10/15/2014)

Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/questions/unpivot/117130/">Unpivot</A>

HAHA,

Still wrong answer

admin has not tested it.

Answer should be two rows.

OrderIDProductNameProductQty

1 GiftCard 1

1 Shipping 3

I think admin should return yesterday and today's points.

Agree, but I understand that Admin can't test every question in every possible Environment and settings. I Think the one who wrote the question should test, and specify which version and settings used. But, I am not complaining, all of you who writes questions are very brave.

/HΓ₯kan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• mluszczynski (10/16/2014)

I'm not going to complain about missing points because guess what, I've got a point by posting this.

Good point πŸ˜‰ but that won't fix your stats. I would prefer my point back in first place...

True. In that case I also want the point I earned yesterday.

• hakan.winther (10/16/2014)

Vimal Lohani (10/15/2014)

twin.devil (10/15/2014)

Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/questions/unpivot/117130/">Unpivot</A>

HAHA,

Still wrong answer

admin has not tested it.

Answer should be two rows.

OrderIDProductNameProductQty

1 GiftCard 1

1 Shipping 3

I think admin should return yesterday and today's points.

Agree, but I understand that Admin can't test every question in every possible Environment and settings. I Think the one who wrote the question should test, and specify which version and settings used. But, I am not complaining, all of you who writes questions are very brave.

There is an un-written rule that, unless specified otherwise, the current version of SQL server should be assumed.

It might even have been posted somewhere but then that would make it a written unwritten rule :hehe:

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• it will return 2 rows only.answer is wrong.

• 0 points out of 2. Will try to select an incorrect answer tomorrow to see if I get a point. πŸ˜›

• Mighty (10/16/2014)

0 points out of 2. Will try to select an incorrect answer tomorrow to see if I get a point. πŸ˜›

Excellent idea! πŸ™‚

/HΓ₯kan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• Another wrong answer ...:crazy:

• Mighty (10/16/2014)

0 points out of 2. Will try to select an incorrect answer tomorrow to see if I get a point. πŸ˜›

Good one.....

• My answer is correct. where is my points. πŸ˜€

• The question is phrased wrong.

How many rows will be return from using this UNPIVOT query?

How many rows affected [Answer = 3]

VS

How many rows returned [Answer = 2].

As per the given answer question should be

How many rows will be affected from using this UNPIVOT query?

• Apologies everyone wrong radio button was selected ... Still wondering how.

As for the point, i would say ..

Sometimes in the real world, even if you are right you still ends up with empty hands πŸ˜›

Look at the positive positive side. script didn't generate error and importantly, you will not forget that UNPIVOT do not return all the rows πŸ˜‰

last but one the least thanks for comments.

• twin.devil (10/16/2014)

Apologies everyone wrong radio button was selected ... Still wondering how.

As for the point, i would say ..

Sometimes in the real world, even if you are right you still ends up with empty hands πŸ˜›

Look at the positive positive side. script didn't generate error and importantly, you will not forget that UNPIVOT do not return all the rows πŸ˜‰

last but one the least thanks for comments.

+1

• ksatpute123 (10/16/2014)

The question is phrased wrong.

How many rows will be return from using this UNPIVOT query?

How many rows affected [Answer = 3]

VS

How many rows returned [Answer = 2].

As per the given answer question should be

How many rows will be affected from using this UNPIVOT query?

+1

• How do you write a question, and get your own answer wrong? Simply amazing.

• I have to agree, Victor. This isn't the first time the right answer hasn't been marked as being right. You know, the recent rash of wrong answers being right on the simple questions make me wonder which of these situations exist:

1. The people making the questions don't know how to do minimal testing of simple stuff. This makes me wonder what their production code looks like and is more than a bit scary.

2. There's something wrong with the QOTD functionality itself. While I've never posted a QOTD myself, this question isn't hard at all and I can't imagine the posting and marking is that complicated.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply