Unknow Connection manager Error while running package from Sql Agent job

• I have created a package using Odata source as connection manager.I ran well in SSDT.I am trying to execute th e same package from Sql server agent job in step.it is throwing the below error.

Description: The connection type "ODATA" specified for connection manager "SharepointData" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name. End Error

using the below:

SSMS 2012

SSDT

Please help

• Priya004 (3/10/2015)

I have created a package using Odata source as connection manager.I ran well in SSDT.I am trying to execute th e same package from Sql server agent job in step.it is throwing the below error.

Description: The connection type "ODATA" specified for connection manager "SharepointData" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name. End Error

using the below:

SSMS 2012

SSDT

Please help

You've been a member here long enough to know that double posts are frowned upon. Answers here please.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Did you get an answer this as I have hit the same problem today? On SQL Server 2012 - I created a SSIS package using an oData connection to SharePoint 2010.

Works fine in Visual Studio but when deployed to SSIS Catalog and set up as a job in SQL Agent, it fails with message "the connection type 'ODATA' is not recognised as a valid Connection Manager type"

Anyone else hit this problem and got is working?

• Yes it got solved..in my case odata was not installed on the machine from whic iam running the sql agent job.once i had installed it ran fine

• Thank you for the reply. Do you have any notes on how to install on the machine where the Agent service runs? I assume that is the SQL Server machine itself.

We installed it on our client machine where we do design work in Visual Studio but I guess there needs to be an extra step to install on SQL Server machine.

• yes you are right..

We need to install on the client machine /Sqlserver machine from which we are going to run the sql agent .

You can download odata component from the below lin k and let me know if you are still facing any issues

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=42280

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply