Unit Testing and Code Generation

• It's an add-on to Visual Studio. It's specifically targeted at database development. It manages all your database objects locally through scripts that can be checked into source control. It has a full unit test engine. It has a build & deployment mechanism that can be automated along with the TFS (Team Foundation Server) build mechanisms. It has exactly one, at this point, refactoring mechanism built in. Here's the web site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/teamsystem/dbpro/

We've been evaluating it. It looks likely that we'll be adopting it and it's associated processes, even though it's in CTP, as our database development tool.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• You are the #1 resource on this stuff. I send anyone who'll listen over to your web site.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I got a bunch of notifications on this thread a while ago. If I missed replying to anyone, my apologies. I'm trying to dig out after moving back Stateside.

Steve Miller

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply