Unable to use SQL Server Agent in 2005

• Hi,

I am facing a problem with the sql 2005 Enterprise.I have installed the enterprize version on windows xp SP2 but i am not able to get access to the database engine, analysis, report & integration services.

To get access to these i upgraded it with the express version. But I this case i am not able to see the SQL Server Agent.

To view the SQL Server Agent I have to uninstall the express edition and install SQL 2000.

Kindly Help....

• nisha.lakhwara (7/3/2009)

Hi,

I am facing a problem with the sql 2005 Enterprise.I have installed the enterprize version on windows xp SP2 but i am not able to get access to the database engine, analysis, report & integration services.

To get access to these i upgraded it with the express version. But I this case i am not able to see the SQL Server Agent.

To view the SQL Server Agent I have to uninstall the express edition and install SQL 2000.

Kindly Help....

First of all SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition can't be installed on XP. For this you need to get SQL Server 2005 Developers Edition or the Evaluation Edition (which, since it is an evaluation edition, has a expiration date). SQL Server 2005 Express (the free version) does not have SQL Server Agent, which is why you could find it.

SQL Server 2000 also had a personal edition, which could be installed locally.

If you want SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008 installed on XP, then spend the $50.00 USD and get the Developer Edition. It is well worth your money.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply