Unable to load leading zeros into CSV

• Hi All,

My package is transferring records from SQL Server to CSV file.

There is a column called

Column Name Data Type Value

Number Varchar 0000000563

I m unable to load the leading zeros into CSV file. The CSV loads from the first non -zero value like 563 from the last value.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Priya

• Can you post the details of how you are doing this? What are all the steps in the SSIS package/dataflow? Are you sure the data is being retrieved from the database using the right type and that there are no type changes within the flow?

• Double check in your flat file destination that the data type for that column is a String.

• I am also having a very similar problem.

I have a numeric field, (18,2) that needs to be exported to a csv file, but when it gets exported any zero values are showing as '.00' and not '0.00' . i.e. the leading zeros are missing.

The connection manager for the Flat file has the column specified as a string. Putting a Data Viewer before the final Flat File Destination task shows the data in the correct format, but previewing the columns in the Flat File destination, shows the value without its leading zero....

Any ideas on how i can get this leading zero back in...Is there any particular format I need to use?

• You could try putting a data conversion task in - to cast your numeric field as string - and then map the converted field to your destination, after manipulating the format if necessary.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Have also tried that using a data conversion tool. But it does not seem to make any difference whether the format of the field has been set in a string or numeric format.

I'm pretty stuck.

• Once you have a string field which contains, for example .75

you can add a derived column that prepends a 0

the string is then 0.75 and that is what will go into your destination.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Yep...thats finally what I have had to do.

Seems strange though that the final task seems to transform the data on its own. even if u tell it not to!

• Jason Coleman (4/9/2010)

Yep...thats finally what I have had to do.

Seems strange though that the final task seems to transform the data on its own. even if u tell it not to!

That's just SSIS trying to be helpful:-D

• any luck priya?

Rex Smith

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply