Unable to force Queryplan in QueryStore, failure 8695

• The queryplan looks forced but it's not used. Looking in "sys.query_store_plan" it says last_force_failure_reason = 8695 and last_force_failure_reason_desc = 'GENERAL_FAILURE'. The code 8695 doesn't seem to be documented anywhere (not even MS as far as I can see). Anyone knows better?

Thanks alot in advance

• It's not one I've run into, but doing a few internet searches, it looks like 8695 is related to malformed XML for the execution plan. So, the question is then, what kind of plan is it you're forcing and for what kind of query? Have the underlying structures changed in some way? Plan forcing is largely one of those "it just works" kind of things. For it not to work, usually, the plan being designated is incorrect in some way.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I'm just trying to force an old (=a few days) queryplan in QueryStore and it looks ok in the UI but when looking in the sys.tables I see this error. The problematic query is a subquery:

IF EXISTS(

<lots of sql..>

)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply