Unable to Edit Script in 'Script Task Editor'

• Hi,

Earlier today I went into one of my SSIS packages and opened Script Task then Edited the code but decided not to save it so I X'ed out of the Script Editor and then Canceled out of the Script Task Editor. Then when I went back into the same Task and clicked Edit Script I get this error:

Cannot show Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Applications Editor

Additional Info - Failed to create project at location "C:\Documents and settings\blahblah\Local Settings\Temp\SSIS\8ef498447e824e608b9053636c8b0443"! (Microsoft.SqlServer.VSTAScriptingLib)

This is using SQL Server 2008 and I can open the Script Editor in other SSIS packages or other Script Tasks within this same package so I think it's a problem with this particular Script Task. I had just started working on it a week or so ago and it's not a project script, so I have no backups. :-/ Is there anyway you guys know of to get the guts of the script without going through the SSIS Editor? If something in the package is hosed and I can salvage the code I can just delete and recreate the Script Task, but I can't even begin to remember all the code I added to it since rather involved and took a while to write.

Thanks for any suggestions or insight. Take care,

Sam

• Open the package with a text editor.

You will see the XML code of the package and somewhere in all that gibberisch, there should be your VB/C#.NET code.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply