Unable to Deploy SSIS packages on SQL 2008

• I am attempting to migrate my SSIS packages from SQl 2005 to SQl 2008 Enterprise 64-bit. Files have been upgrades to 2008 throught Team Foundation 2008. Packages will run fine manually from within BIDS 2008. However, when I go to build the packages and deploy on my SQL server I get the following error:

Could not save the package "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Projects\Deployment\Staging_Prep\bin\Deployment\Test Package.dtsx" to SQL Server "(local)".

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

------------------------------

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

I see this error quite a bit on various forums, but do not see any solutions. I have tried creating a new packages from within BIDS and deploying it, but get the same error.

I have tried deploying directly to SQL and using the files system. Both fail with the same error.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• I should note that the package is pretty straightforward. No script tasks, no custom code. The test package i created simply copied a table from a 2005 server to a 2008 server.

And this is running Windows 2008

• It could be a number of things, how are you currently deploying? I.E using the manifest file or connecting to SSIS via ssms are importing the package? There are some issues and driver differences with SSIS x64 and x86.

• Did you fix this?

• Same error, this BS we have been working on this for a week now, I miss oracle.....

Help here's the error we got:

Date2/14/2011 12:48:36 PM

LogJob History (Intergation Services Package CC CA Same Day)

Step ID1

ServerUSTWININSQL

Job NameIntergation Services Package CC CA Same Day

Step NameCC CA Same Day Package

Duration00:00:01

Sql Severity0

Sql Message ID0

Operator Emailed

Operator Net sent

Operator Paged

Retries Attempted0

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility

Version 10.0.2531.0 for 32-bit

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.

Started: 12:48:36 PM

Error: 2011-02-14 12:48:36.91

Code: 0xC0010018

Source:

Description: Error loading value "<DTS:ConnectionManager xmlns:DTS="www.microsoft.com/SqlServer/Dts">

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="DelayValidation">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">SMTP Connection Manager</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{8098CA5D-46AB-4741-B" from node "DTS:ConnectionManager".

End Error

Could not load package "\MSDB\CC_CA_SDPrecall104" because of error 0xC0010014.

Description: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

Source:

Started: 12:48:36 PM

Finished: 12:48:36 PM

Elapsed: 0.093 seconds

I someone has answer please post something anything....:sick:

• once you have upgraded it to 2008, try refershing data sources by opening the data source and test the connection. if you have successfully tested the connection, deploy and test again.

sometimes when you upgrade the package and package security is set to use "userkey" creates a prob.

give it a try

• Once I upgrade? I'm all ready running SQL Server 2008:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 10.0.2531.0

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 10.0.1600.22

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 3.86.3959

Microsoft MSXML2.6 3.0 4.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer8.0.6001.18702

Microsoft .NET Framework2.0.50727.3615

Operating System5.2.3790

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

Microsoft .NET Framework

Version 3.5 SP1

Installed Edition: IDE Standard

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB945282) KB945282

This hotfix is for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU.

If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945282.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB946040) KB946040

If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946040.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB946308) KB946308

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946308.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB946344) KB946344

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946344.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB946581) KB946581

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946581.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB947173) KB947173

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947173.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB947540) KB947540

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947540.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB947789) KB947789

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947789.

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (KB972222) KB972222

This security update is for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU.

If you later install a more recent service pack, this security update will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972222.

SQL Server Analysis Services

Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer

Version 10.0.2531.0

SQL Server Integration Services

Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer

Version 10.0.2531.0 ((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015 )

SQL Server Reporting Services

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers

Version 10.0.2531.0

:unsure:

• Got a work around for this if anyone wants to hear!!! :Whistling:

• i am interested in your findings

• i'm experiencing similar error - has a solution for this been posted.

any ideas...

thanks.

• Here's what I did, well it's been a while but I think what I had to do was change the protection level to DontSaveSensitive and create a configuration file for the package, once I have created the configuration file. I edit it and change the references to "y:\" to a UNC "\\servername\..." and had to add the FTP password which was not being held by the package. For some reason the password always needed to be entered in the package, but when the configuration file was created it was not there.

Since the configuration files are in XML you can edit it and save it, one other thing was to make sure you select the connection managers needed when creating the configuration package. Also review the configuration file and you can see what's missing and what needs to be changed.

Once I did that I was able to run the package as a SQL Agent Job, or use the DTEXEC command line command to schedule the package to run under the scheduled task utility in windows server.

It's been a while since this post so I hope I'm answering the right question, if not please feel free to reply and I might be able to clarify. 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply