Unable to create New maintenance Plan in SQL Server 2005

• Hi Every body,

I have installed SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition in Windows Server 2003 Computer. The problem is when i am trying to create a new Maintenance Plan, getting Error message mentioned below

"the action you attempted to perform on a remote instance of SQL Server has failed because the action requires a SQL Server component that is not installed on the remote computer. To proceed install SQL Server 2005 management tools on the remote computer and try again. For more information see" How to install SQL 2005 (Setup)" in SQL 2005 Books online"

Any body please help...i need to create a scheduled backup's of some databases.......

Thanks

Ansar

• Hi Ansar,

I presume that you are running SP1. The comments here might help you resolve the issue.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Hello Pradeep,

Thanks for ur Reply..

We have already running SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2. (2005.90.3042)

Still getting error....

Thanks

Ansar

• Look on your server for the SP2 install summary log.

It should be in c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Hotfix.

It is called Summary.txt.

Look for following:

Product Installation Status

Product : SQL Server Database Services 2005 (MSSQLSERVER)

Product Version (Previous): 3042

Product Version (Final) : 3175

Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Hotfix\SQL9_Hotfix_KB936305_sqlrun_sql.msp.log

Error Number : 0

Error Description :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product : SQL Server Integration Services 2005

Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Hotfix\DTS9_Hotfix_KB936305_sqlrun_dts.msp.log

Error Description :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product : SQL Server Tools and Workstation Components 2005

Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Hotfix\SQLTools9_Hotfix_KB936305_sqlrun_tools.msp.log

Error Description :

That would show that you have the necessary installation pieces and that they have been patched.

Again, look at the link that Adiga has provided.

Mike

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”...Robert McCloskey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply