Unable to connect to Oracle 10g after upgrading to 2008

• I migrated my Sql Server 2005 to Sql Server 2008 along with Reporting Services. All my reports connecting to the Sql Server Databases work just fine. I have quite a few reports that also connect to our Oracle Database and when I try and run these reports I get the following error...

An error occurred during client rendering.

An error has occurred during report processing.

Cannot create a connection to data source 'DS_Oracle'.

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.

I installed an Oracle 10g client on the server and configured a connection which I tested and was successful.

When I got the above error I decided to try and edit the DataSource in the report itself. I opened Visual Studio designer and opened this report on the upgraded server. I then upgraded the report to 2008 and ran the report, it executed just fine with the Oracle connection within the report. I then uploaded the report into Report Manager and tried to run the report again but I get the same error...

Any Ideas why my Oracle connection works in Visual Studio and not in the Web Browser, I am using I.E 7...

Thanks

• I spoke with one of my co-workers that asked if I had restarted Report Server Services after installing the Oracle Client. I had not so I stopped and started the Report Server Service and tried the report again and this time everything worked properly...

Issue resolved...Thanks

• This error is related to the connected user permissions in Oracle the best solution make sure your TNSNAME.ORA file is in your development folder. You also need Oracle client for your operating systems installed in your local development box.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply