Unable to connect to ftp with SQL Data Tools but can with ftp client

• I can connect to the ftp server via ftp client on my workstation no problem.  After entering the same server, port, user and password (tried passive as well) it will not connect in Data Tools:  Connection can not be established.  At a loss.  I've tried with VS 2015 and still cannot connect.

• SSDT can connect to FTP but not SecureFTP/SFTP.. FileZilla or many other executables handle both FTP and SFTP.

if that is what you are connecting to, you'll need to either automate with a third party product like Winscp or putty, or use PragmaticWorks or CozyRoc third party tools, which add a custom SFTP component to use in your SSIS packages.
    there may be other options with a script task and adding some .net classes, but since I've purchased the Pragmatic Works suite, I have not had to hand it the hard way anymore.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Yes it's definitely SFTP. Will look into the alternatives you suggested thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply