UK Cultures

• Pint of strong black coffee and three smokes.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• What is a chav?

• Protein bar, coffee and water here. Had to take a large supply of bars to the UK last year. Had a hard time finding them.

I struggled with breakfast. Lots of things I didn't recognize and wasn't familiar with. Not sure what kind of bacon or sausage was over there, but the over-done, burned, crispy bacon and Jimmy Dean's were missing!

• James A. Lawrence (7/30/2008)

What is a chav?

She has you for breakfast.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• I see....searching online for a good air fare now.:w00t:

I see....searching online for a good air fare now.:w00t:

:hehe:

• And wanted to mention that I have the English to thank for oh so many hours-upon-hours of good music. The classic stuff of course like Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, The Who, Jethro Tull, Depeche Mode, Oasis, The Cure, Humble Pie, and many more. But for more recent ones too like Arctic Monkeys, the Kooks, Amy Winehouse, RadioHead, Keane, and on 'n on.

P.S. If you like classic, live rock performances, get Humble Pie's Performance Rockin' the Fillmore (1971). Frampton played lead and must've been 20 years old or less - I think he was at his best here (not when he did all that solo stuff later). A truly great rock album.

• a chav means council house and violent. These people instead of getting jobs live on the dole, the dole is free money from the state, which is one of the reasons I left the uk, my hard earned taxes going to pay for this down and outs, so they can waist it down the pub and on drugs, then go out and kill people for a hamburger. England used to be a great country, one of the least crime rates in the western world, then the labor government got in taxed us to high heaven to feed these idiots and there unemployed life. made it hard for the normal person to live took the normal persons rights away and gave it to the under privillaged. you really have to ask yourself why are they underprivileged, most of them don't go to school, we have a free education system in the uk you don't have to pay for high-school like you do in the us or Japan, for the real poor in england you don't have to pay to go to university yet they are still hard dumb-by. well enough of me ranting. If you have any sense you will not go to the uk now and if you do go to the country, the city is ruied. a good English person will look out for you in the country. stay away from the chav you might find yourself stabbed for that hamburger, 😉 I used to eat a fry up at the weekend that is bacon and eggs and sausage and bean, how I miss that, A nice roast dinner on Sunday roast beef how i miss that. coffee and a banana in the morning.

• Adrian Nichols (5/6/2008)

They did indeed marry twice, but not so that the marriages were concurrent... Now that's scandal! :hehe:

or...Utah....:w00t:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• A friend used to serve poptarts to her family in the morning. She called it breakfast but I was sure she was joking, so I joined in the joke and laughed. ha ha ha poptarts hoo hoo. She squinted at me so I changed the subject and asked when did her kitchen window disappear?

Yogurt and fresh fruit is my preferred breakfast.

And wanted to mention that I have the English to thank for oh so many hours-upon-hours of good music. The classic stuff of course like Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, The Who, Jethro Tull, Depeche Mode, Oasis, The Cure, Humble Pie, and many more. But for more recent ones too like Arctic Monkeys, the Kooks, Amy Winehouse, RadioHead, Keane, and on 'n on.

P.S. If you like classic, live rock performances, get Humble Pie's Performance Rockin' the Fillmore (1971). Frampton played lead and must've been 20 years old or less - I think he was at his best here (not when he did all that solo stuff later). A truly great rock album.

Oh cool! It seems the music you listened to in school (or for you yanks, age 11 to 17) stays with you, so I'd add Moody Blues and Camel.

We make the best hifi too - Meridian, Linn, Chord...:cool:

• the uk the land of good music, the chav, very nice beer and good food.

• tedo (7/30/2008)

you really have to ask yourself why are they underprivileged, most of them don't go to school, we have a free education system in the uk you don't have to pay for high-school like you do in the us or Japan,

It isn't actually free, it is paid for by taxpayers!

Do you have to pay for schooling in the US? How does that work? What if you can't afford the fees?

• Public schools in the US are free from age 5 to 18. Unless you live in a place where the schools aren't very good, then you may choose to pay for private school so your child doesn't end up working in a dead end job for life.

• Ross McMicken (7/31/2008)

Public schools in the US are free from age 5 to 18. Unless you live in a place where the schools aren't very good, then you may choose to pay for private school so your child doesn't end up working in a dead end job for life.

If it's free, then what is this bloody school tax I'm paying?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply