Two column body

• Forgive my ignorance as it has been several years since I have built a report in SSRS.  I have a report that is going to be a directory of names, specialties, and locations.  I have data coming from a SQL stored procedure.  Currently, this directory is a Word document that is manually updated, but we want to automate this now, which I have done in our SharePoint environment with PowerApps, but we also still want a printable report version of the directory.  In the body of the report, how do I create two columns where data will flow top to bottom then left to right, if that makes sense?  Thanks

• Brad Allison - Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:16 AM

Forgive my ignorance as it has been several years since I have built a report in SSRS.  I have a report that is going to be a directory of names, specialties, and locations.  I have data coming from a SQL stored procedure.  Currently, this directory is a Word document that is manually updated, but we want to automate this now, which I have done in our SharePoint environment with PowerApps, but we also still want a printable report version of the directory.  In the body of the report, how do I create two columns where data will flow top to bottom then left to right, if that makes sense?  Thanks

Not sure what you are asking here.  You mention 3 columns(names, specialties, and locations), but you want a 2 column report.  Can you provide an example of what you are wanting the results to look like?  What the input data is like?
    Is the report broken out by specialty or location?
    Pull in the 'Matrix' from the toolbox? Is that what you are asking?

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• So for example, I have a list of Last Name, First Name, MI concatenated with Title (such as PhD, MD, CRNA, etc) and then concatenated again with specialty (like Cardiology, Family Practice, etc).  The current Word document we have has a list of these people, their titles, and their specialties, but when the first column (on the left) fills up, then it wraps into the second column (on the right), then continues to the next page which does the same.  Here is a sample screen shot for part of the page

• I see your issue now, I've never done that.
    Maybe check out trying to create a 'List' report.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/tutorial-creating-a-free-form-report-report-builder?view=sql-server-2017

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• Thanks, I will check that out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply