TSQL Query from SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005

• Hi All

I have the situation, let say it query 15 SQL server 2000 to the central server which is SQL server 2000. Now I add on SQL server 2005 and need some data to insert into table in Central server (2000).

The problem is, it is too slow ~ 40 minutes for 20 simple records like select top 20 * from ABC(in SQL server 2005) from ~ 300 records.

(test in test environment if I use SQL server 2005 it will come in immediately)

I can not move the central server to SQL server 2005 right now,it was schedule for next year.

Where is the problem?

If I put it in the wrong forum or there have the answer for the problem like this, please guide me.

Thank you in advance.

James Jarupan

• So, you're claiming the following?

You have an offsite SQL2000 DB (Central) with a table containing 300 records

You have an onsite SQL2005 DB.

You are attempting to use this SQL2005 DB to select the top 20 records from the table on the central DB(which has only 300 total records) and it is taking 40 minutes?

Any BLOB type columns in this table?

Seth Phelabaum

Consistency is only a virtue if you're not a screwup. 😉

Links: How to Post Sample Data[/url] :: Running Totals[/url] :: Tally Table[/url] :: Cross Tabs/Pivots[/url] :: String Concatenation[/url]

• No, Central DB is SQL server 2000, New Server in SQL 2005.

The main table in SQL server 2000, Need to insert in table in SQL server 2000 by query data from SQL server 2005.

all Column is Varchar(XX) and int.

DTS is in SQL server 2000 gather infor from SQL server 2000 and SQL server 2005.

Sorry for my communication.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply