Try Catch alters behaviour of existing procedures

• doobya,

Just a couple of thoughts.

First, I take exception with your statement "Finally, somebody understands...". Hate to break it to you, but I understood what you were saying from the beginning as did everyone else that has responded on this thread. What is obvious is that you didn't realize that we did.

Second, your behaviour has become increasingly unprofessional and calling someone stupid was totally uncalled for and believe you owe Gianluca and the rest of us an apology. This is a professional forum and you should conduct yourself as such. Would you behave this way in place of business and call one of us stupid to our face? I hope not as that would not be a pretty sight to see.

• I gave him a way out by asking him if he was pretending

He chose not to take the way out

I even proved he was stupid with working code

Which he ignored because he hasn't the character to admit he was wrong

No apology

• doobya (7/16/2010)

I gave him a way out by asking him if he was pretending

He chose not to take the way out

I even proved he was stupid with working code

Which he ignored because he hasn't the character to admit he was wrong

No apology

Okay, you really don't understand so I'll spell it out for you.

You were wrong to call him stupid. It was unprofessional and uncalled for in this forum. You insulted, not only him, but all of us on SSC with your unprofessional behaviour, and we all deserve an apology.

This is a professional forum and we would prefer that you act in a professional manner when using this site. This doesn't mean you can't disagree with us, just that you do it in a professional manner, just as you would like to be treated by others.

Hopefully I wasn't ambiguous in my meaning and that you have a better understanding of this community.

• Lynn Pettis (7/16/2010)

You were wrong to call him stupid. It was unprofessional and uncalled for in this forum. You insulted, not only him, but all of us on SSC with your unprofessional behaviour, and we all deserve an apology.

Absolutely.

• if his post was a genuine attempt to contribute then I apologise

otherwise I can not apologise sincerely

• doobya (7/17/2010)

if his post was a genuine attempt to contribute...

I have never known Gianluca to post otherwise 🙂

Good enough.

• Hallelujah!!! I was getting a li'l sleepy at work and now - never been more awake. This is a lively thread.

- arjun

https://sqlroadie.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply