Truncation error with same Size Source and destination

• While Importing excel data I am getting following error

[Excel Source [1260]] Error: The "output column "PoNo" (4300)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "PoNo" (4300)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

I Checked the source(in SSIS) and destination length(in SQL Server table) and found that there is no difference between these. And also the defined size is bigger than the data which is coming from excel sheet. The excel field type is WSTR and in SQL server destination column type is NVarchar. If excel field contains more than 255 charectars then SSIS throwing mentioned error.

Please let me know if there is anything missing from my end to be applied.

Thanks Advance for the support.

• The size of the source field (in SSIS) needs to be increased to accommodate the maximum string length from Excel.

If you then want to truncate this before it gets loaded to the destination, add a derived column (=left(field,255) or whatever) and load that.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I have provided just double of the size but OututColumn size is not alowing be to change the value,its fixed even though I have changed Input Column width to allow maximum charecters.For example I have resized the Input column to NVarchar(4000) but output column showing NVarchar(255) and not allowing me to change the value. Since Both sizes are different so I am getting errors.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply