Trigger does'nt fire with FreeTDS

• Hi all,

I'm calling an insert stored proc from a perl script on a unix box. There is an insert trigger which calls another stored proc. The trigger seems to fire, but it does'nt call the stored proc. Any ideas?

I test inserting from sql-query analyser and it works like magic, but, not when I insert from the perl script.

Regards

Uday

• There should be no difference between Query Analyzer and your Perl script. Are you sure there is no condition in the trigger that is not satisfied?

• Thanks Peeters,

Here is what I found. Any script coming via a FreeTDS channel seems to use an "old" copy of the compiled trigger. Whereas, local sql query analyser works with triggers better. Once I dropped all triggers and re-created them, they started to work fine!

Regards

Uday

quote:

There should be no difference between Query Analyzer and your Perl script. Are you sure there is no condition in the trigger that is not satisfied?

• Great that everything is up and running. But this still seems strange to me.

A trigger is something that is fired on the server. The application interacting with the database has nothing to do with that...

So there should be no difference between inserting a record from perl, from QA or by calling a stored procedure. Strange, very strange.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply