Transform Available?

• Is there an SSIS transform available that would help with this issue? I've reviewed fuzzy lookup and term extract, but don't think they will get to where I'm trying to go.

Scenario:

Table1 - raw data with several columns. The specific column that I'm working with is called Item_Keyword. The specific data entries for this column vary depending on data entry personnel and clinic.

For example: the Item_Keyword column may have entries like simplex, palacos osteobond, and cobalt. I know these to all be essentially the same as Bone Cement.

I want to update a new column in Table1 based on a lookup versus a Categorization_table which has 2 columns: KeyWord and Category.

For example: The Bone Cement category would have 4 rows in the Categorization_table.

Keyword Category

simplex Bone Cement

palacos Bone Cement

osteobond Bone Cement

cobalt Bone Cement

I have 23 distinct categories at this time.

Is there an SSIS transform available to do this work?

Thanks, BPH

BPH

• You almost answered your own question. Create a lookup table in SQL Server and then use the Lookup transformation in your dataflow.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• That's the path I have taken today and I need to do some fine tuning on getting the matches to hit more frequently. Thanks for the reply.

BPH

• Another alternative, of course, is to do it all in one hit at the end, using a simple UPDATE query.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply