Transfer SQL Server objects task - issues!

• I am trying to move tables from one sql2005 dbase to another sql2005 database.  I used to use the Copy Objects task in SQL Server 2000 when moving tables from development to production so I can keep the table structure - indexes, primary keys, identity columns and user permissions.  I'm having serious issues now that we have upgraded to SQL 2005. 

I opened up Business Intelligence Studio - added the Transfer SQL Server Objects task in the control flow.  Connected to the server using 'sa' password and chose the tables I wanted to move.  My first problem was that I was that the tables I was moving was not in the 'dbo' schema.  So, I changed the schema to be 'dbo'.  Then I got a new error that mentioned something about null property value so I changed my connections to be windows authentication.  Then I got a new error about the Version80 compatibility so then I changed the compatibility on both databases and then now I am getting another error:

[Transfer SQL Server Objects Task] Error: Execution failed with the following error: "ERROR : errorCode=-1071636471 description=An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37. An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80040E37  Description: "Invalid object name 'dbo.L_PRICE_CATEGORIES'.".  helpFile=dtsmsg.rll helpContext=0 idofInterfaceWithError={8BDFE893-E9D8-4D23-9739-DA807BCDC2AC}".

dbo.L_PRICE_CATEGORIES is the table being selected and it does exist.  What is going on?  Please help!  THis really puts me in a bind!

Thanks!!!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• For starters try unchecking the option to bring over the schema name if you are working in dbo only (and in 2000 only for that matter).  Are you tring to use SSIS to take over tables from 2000 to a 2000 box or are you working purely in a 2005 environment?

We have seen some very strange errors concerning the process trying to truncate the syscolumns table when trying to bring over objects in SSIS when moving objects between 2000 databases.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply