Transactional replication question

• Hello Gurus,

I will try to explain my problem as clearly as I can... please be patient until the end of the post.

We are running a job to delete certain no.of rows in a table every day. we are facing blocking in our environment when this job runs. I have researched online about is_read_committed_snapshot_on. As per my understanding, if we change this from 0 to 1, row versioning will be in effect and will avoid locks in DB.

Now, my question is, the server in the question is a publisher and a subscriber(different databases for pub and sub..transactional replication). Also, we have log shipping going on to a different server from this server.

from your experience, can please you suggest me, if I change the is_read_committed_snapshot_on from 0 to 1, will this effect the high availabilty?

please post a reply at your earliest convinience.

Thanks

• I don't think it would impact high availability. I remember sometime last year I had faced this issue on one of the servers where transactional replication was configured. It didn't have an impact on changing the isolation level.

M&M

• Is the deletion job trying to delete a lot of records in one go, i.e. within one transaction? If so it would be worth deleting records in smaller batches

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bite-sized fiction (with added teeth) [/url]

• Instead of changing the isolation level: look at your delete code, in particular: execution plans.

Does the delete query hit appropriate indexes?

Are your statistics up to date?

Carlton.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply