Transactional Replication from OnPrem MSSQL instance to Google Cloud (GCP) MSSQL

• Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience of transaction replication from an OnPrem publisher to a subscriber on a GCP-hosted Windows instance?  MSSQL -> MSSQL.

Can it be done?  (I assume "yes".)  Is it essentially the same as OnPrem for both (but with extra latency), or are there particular challenges to overcome?  I'm asking now, as I'm about to attempt to do so, and I'm hoping to leverage the experience of others to hopefully make it less painful, or rule it out as an option.  (Cloud SQL is not an option).  What online resources are there that have been useful in the past?  Googling only directs me to GCP documentation focusing on Cloud SQL.

My current setup is:

MSSQL 2016 SP2 Enterprise -> (MSSQL 2016 Std) *4 subscribers, all of which are OnPrem, across 2 datacentres.

Happy to answer any (most) questions.

Thanks

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Transactional Replication from on-premises SQL Server to the Google Cloud SQL (SQL Server) can be performed seamlessly with the help of MnMTK. Within this replication solution the database that stores application data will be transferred to cloud environment. You will get the database operation in the cloud environment without compromising the performance and enjoying the Google Cloud advantages.

• I once had to migrate and set up synchronization from OnPrem MSSQL instance to Google Cloud (GCP) MSSQL while the project was slowly moving to a new GCP-hosted server. I did not begin to understand the intricacies of the settings in the SQL Server Management Studio, but instead of it one small program Migration/Synchronization Tool, quite simple but very convenient, helped me with this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply