Transactional Replication [CLOUD Publisher/Distributor] to [OnPrem Subscriber]

• We are on the planning stages on moving our production servers to the [C] (Cloudwave). This includesa replicated DB that we use for all reporting needs.

Before we do a cutover, we wanted to test any issues with TR so we setup a copy of our [C] test sql server and another [OP] sql server and configured TR from backup. I had initial issues with the configuration because it did not seem to work.  Eventually, I found out that there is some latency involved that I was not expecting.

Below, you can see that data will flow [C] to [OP] took 52:55 while it only took [OP] to [OP] in 2:34.

61GB DB, 4000+ Articles [C] to [OP]

C2OP

233GB DB, 4000+ Articles [OP] to [OP]

OP2OP

After that initial setup, and add/remove/update records on any tables shows comparable Total Latency values for both setup. So it looks like only the initial setup has latency issues. Any ideas or what else we can check on this setup?

TIA

Alex

TR = Transactional Replication, [C] Cloud, [OP] OnPrem

TUNNEL = Primary - 3Gig circuit, Secondary - 100MG pipe

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by  ARPRINCE. Reason: formatting
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Just an update. This went live over a week ago.

[C] SQL -- TR --  [OP] SQL

I didn't need to reconfigure TR from scratch, this was a back up plan on cut-over. On a nutshell, we made sure no transactions were being replicated then shut-off SQL Agent. I had them copied all system databases and restored back on the cloud server together with the production DBs.  [OP] SQL was shutdown and [C] SQL took over.

When I turned on SQL Agent, there was an initial delay of approximately 2 minutes before TR Distributor writes to Subscriber (you can see this delay on the undistributed commands).  After that, the delay is comparative to [OP] -- [OP] time.

So far, it is looking good. Can't explain the initial latency but it is there.

TR Transactional Replication, [C] Cloud @ Ohio, [OP] OnPrem @ NY

TUNNEL = Primary - 3Gig circuit, Secondary - 100MG pipe

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  ARPRINCE.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  ARPRINCE.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply