Transaction Replication w/Identity - Range Full

• I have continuous transactional replication setup between servers, which has tables which contain identity columns. Replication of the articles is configured to replicate the identity columns with an identity range of 500 for the publisher and subscriber. The new value range is re-populated at 80%.

The problem is that we receive an error from SQL that the identity range is full, and that I need to run sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange to get a new identity range. Isn't the distributor agent supposed to do this automatically?

As a suggestion from a Microsoft article, I set the distribution agent to run every minute instead of continuously, but I'd rather have it run continuously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• You're on track. If someone maxes out the range with a big insert (or the agent doesnt run often enough), you can run out of keys. Unless you have a large number of subscribers, I'd say the range considerably higher to reduce the chance it can happen. Probably possible to set an alert to run the fixup proc for you, have not tried.

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply