Transaction Log Shipping Location Change

• It has been a while since I have done anything with log shipping and wondered if someone can provide me with some assistance.

So basically the old file server is being decommissioned where the Log shipping writes to.  We have a new file server and as such, I would like a simple way to modify the backup job on the primary to write to a new share location and also to modify the copy job on the subscriber that copies the log files from this location locally.

The jobs that have been created as part of the setup do not have a place to edit the location and ideally, I don't want to break the log ship to reconfigure it and was hoping there is a simple thing I can do.

Thanks, everyone.

• I believe there is a place in SSMS if you select the DB that is being log shipped you can manually modify the job settings under Transaction Log Shippinon option>> Backup Settings.

However, I don't have a way of modifying the LSCopy Job on the subscriber if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks.

• So it appears that when you modify the location mentioned above that the copy job on the secondary location is automatically routed to look in that location to copy the logs from which is a bonus.

Problem Solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply