transaction log backup maintenances plan failed suddenly

• Problem define : the transaction log backup maintenance plan was failed unconstanly and repeated , but when we login to the sql EM,  and right click to start the job, it was successfull. The database is in full recovery model and in the maintenances plan i only select one database

They are no sysprocesses is runnable , no blocking , no open transaction , and i cannot find any sql error logs file generated as well when the job faield , and also immediately I manually start the maintenance job , and it is successfull.

we also set the write report to text file option in the maintenance plan, but when it failed , we could not find any record or files at all.

The only message that i found under the Event log (attahced). event log error

please assist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
  • Hi,

unable to see the event log error image you have posted, can you reproduce it as text within a message please. Meanwhile, speculating on what you are saying...

If the job runs when you start it manually from SQLEM, but will not run when scheduled, it could possibly be a security issue, as the login you are connecting to EM with and the login running the job may be different.

Check the job history and the owner of the jobs created by the maintenance plan to see which login is executing the job. Can you run the job manually with this login?

David

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply