Total amount paid by year then vendor

• I have one report for which i need total amount paid for the year by the vendor based on each year.

Let's say for vendor XCO, we have 2-3 records each year i.e 2016 and 2017. so, we need report based on check amount paid ytd, group by check date and then by vendor name. 

• Your picture shows some strange dates for the Check Amount column, and you've provided no description of your data beyond that picture, which because of what I referred to previously, isn't all that helpful.  Please provide your data in consumable form, which means CREATE TABLE statements along with the necessary INSERT statements, and then the expected output based on the data provided in the INSERTs.   I'm not entirely sure I know where your problem lies, but without actual data to consume, it's going to be impossible to know.   We as volunteers don't usually have time to transcribe data from pictures, so please help us help you.   Do that much work on your own behalf, and the rest of become a lot more willing to help out.

That said, I suspect you just need the proper GROUP BY statement in your query, but your picture distorts reality somewhat...

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• sgmunson - Friday, September 29, 2017 9:03 AM

Your picture shows some strange dates for the Check Amount column, and you've provided no description of your data beyond that picture, which because of what I referred to previously, isn't all that helpful.  Please provide your data in consumable form, which means CREATE TABLE statements along with the necessary INSERT statements, and then the expected output based on the data provided in the INSERTs.   I'm not entirely sure I know where your problem lies, but without actual data to consume, it's going to be impossible to know.   We as volunteers don't usually have time to transcribe data from pictures, so please help us help you.   Do that much work on your own behalf, and the rest of become a lot more willing to help out.

That said, I suspect you just need the proper GROUP BY statement in your query, but your picture distorts reality somewhat...

EasyBoy - Friday, September 29, 2017 8:43 AM

I have one report for which i need total amount paid for the year by the vendor based on each year.

Let's say for vendor XCO, we have 2-3 records each year i.e 2016 and 2017. so, we need report based on check amount paid ytd, group by check date and then by vendor name. 

Yes. The details provided are not sufficient. Also the check amount has garbage dates. It looks like simple group would work.

First solve the problem then write the code !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply