Torn Page Error on Attaching DB

• I have a problem with which I need help.

A client has experienced a crash which has resulted in re-installing windows 2000 server and SQL 2000 Server plus SP3A.

Before the re-install, and after the crash, the .MDF and .LDF files were copied off the drive onto a CD.

When I try to attach the databases (there are two of them) I get the following error messages:

"Error 823: I/O error (torn page) detected during read at offset 0000000000000000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\EvolutionCommon_log.LDF"

and

"Error 823: I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x00000001150000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\PrefXact.MDF. Two transactions rolled forward in database PrefXact(7)."

I've tried using sp_attach_single_file_db but to no avail. In both instances, it still looks for the log file, and will not recreate it. Using EM to attach also does not suceed. I have made sure that the files are in exactly the same path as they were before the crash.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Regards,

Morpheus

"See how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

• Any chance you have a backup you can use instead of the .mdf and .ldf files? 

Darren

• No. AS per usual, there was no maintenance plan in place. But obviously there is now. Amazing how the door is always bolted after the horse has bolted, isn't it?

Morpheus

"See how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

• Did you reslove thisI have exactly the same problem ??????????????

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply