Top Ten

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Top Ten

• 🙁

• Actually - my number one question was -

what's up with the "No More Underdog", Steve? What did Underdog do to deserve that? (well okay - that's now #1 and #2....)

Not sure it has any bearing on SP3 though.......:P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• That's a SQL Server shirt, not the underdog to Oracle/DB2 anymore.

It definitely gets me some comments. 😉

• I'm not surprised SQL Server SP3 is not on the charts, we've found a good number of SP3 introduced bugs in Office 2003 and the support engineers wanted a two page document on why Microsoft *really* needs to fix them. They wanted to know if any other work around was possible instead!?!?! He told me to not bother opening a support case as unless I'm a premium support customer, *no* hotfix will be created. I told him, as it is a bug, I'll create the case and will be chasing it up until a hotfix is created!

We need SP3 as we've been running Microsoft Access Peer2Peer (with filters) replication since Office 97 in 97 without any major hitches. We've had no end of problems (5+/- support cases currently) with SQL Server 2005 SP2 replication model especially with republishing. The good news is that we've spoken to support engineers in USA, China, India and Australia...

# The +/- means that you can't just have one support case, you need to open new ones for every new side effect problem that you find. So when they fix one, others pop up.

• Not sure why SP3 isn't being worked on or why it can't proceed along with 2008 development, but pass the word and vote. We have a link on the front page that will help show MS we need this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply