Tooltip for parameters in SSRS

• Hi,

I have Two parameters startdate and enddate in SSRS

you can select startdate what ever you want but while selecting an enddate parameter

i have to show a prompt or tool tip saying that you have to select enddate only within 30days from startdate

can you help me doing this.

Thanks in Advance.

• Hi,

Make your enddate dataset to reference plus 30 days of the startdate:

Select date

from Table_Date

where Date BETWEEN Startdate AND (Startdate+ 30)

ON the Enddate prompt parameter put the note in brackets to inform the report users about the 30 from the startdate.

Hope this will help

• You can't set tooltips on parameters. The only way is to put the reminder in the prompt, like said Maceke.

I never tested or even tryed this, but check if you could add a tooltip node in the rdl xml for the parameter textbox.

Who knows, it might work.

• As far as I know. Not possible. 🙁

'Work-around' is to create your own aspx front end to pass the params to the report. boo.

• The best way is to limit the input of the parameter value by having the values returned as part of a query.

The user may choose to ignore the prompt so u would be better off doing it for them.

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• Who wants a dropdown for a date? What the users want is a calendar with min (and possibly max) date restrictions. It's just not possible w/in SSRS.

My 2 cents at least.

-M

• A Drop down with a max of 30 values is not unreasonable , but I admit its not easy on the eyes.

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• Hi,

if I was to do something like this, then i would

1)do as pitso.maceke said. limit it to 30 days or

2)set the default value for the end date parameter to start days+30 days or

3)In the 'prompt' property of the parameter i would add the message that you wanted to add to a tool tip along with the prompt name. may be as following

End Date(select a day within 30 days of Start Date)

just a workaround to pass the messages to users before they select parameters.

or combine all the three ways!

• Not possible to put tool tip to parameter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply