Tools for World Wide Monitoring...

• I have some servers coming on-line in Europe and soon in Asia as well as here in the States. They are all in different domains WITHOUT trusts. I am looking for software Ideara, Red Gate, or others that can allow me to connect to and monitor these servers. If you have experience with any software that will work please post it here.

Thanks

Raymond Laubert
    Exceptional DBA of 2009 Finalist
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP:SQL 2005 Admin,
    MCSE, OCP:10g

• I've used Idera's Diagnostic Manager and Microsoft's Operations Manager both to moniter servers in disparate locations. They work fine as long as they can connect to the machines. Our situation is that the machines are all within our domain, so I don't have to worry about all kinds of varying firewalls, etc., so my situation might be easier than yours, depending.

There hasn't yet been anything special we've needed to do to either tool to enable or maintain monitoring.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• You'll need accounts in those domains with any tool. They will all require authentication. Without a trust, you'll just need to supply domain\user credentials in the other domains.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply