Toolbox not available in Business Intelligence Development studio

• Hi Good Morning,

I am using windows 7 operating system and recently installed SQL server 2008 R2 with Visual studio 2008 in my system. Toolkit is not available in Business Intelligence Development studio . Can anyone suggest  how to install Business Intelligence Development studio in my system or is it possible to install higher version of sql server like 2012 with toolkit available Business Intelligence Development studio(visual studio).

Thanks,
    Saravanan

Saravanan

• When you installed SQL Server 2008 on your Windows 7 machine did you select BIDS? Can you see Business Intelligence project types when you go to create a new project? If so it sounds just like an issue of not having the toolbox available, which you should be able to select on your project in one of the menu options.

Alternatively you can get the newer SSDT, but not for Visual Studio 2008. I think the latest is for VS 2015, but they still might offer the links for VS2012/VS2013. It should install the shell though if you do not have the full VS installed for the product though.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply