TimeZone Settings?

• As of late last night - it looks like the user-level settings for timezone settings no longer work. Did something break?

No amount of changing or re-setting it to different time zones seems to have any bearing on anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Actually - not so sure it has anything to to with timezone settings anymore. It's more like UTC isn't being used anymore - posts are being sorted by local time, not by UTC?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• And I thought it was just me...I send an email to the webmaster as a heads-up.

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!;)

• It's behaving pretty strangely over all. I'm seeing multiple alerts for discussions that don't appear to have any new posts at all.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant, scroll up in those posts...the last posts are sometimes not in the last position because of the date. It is making a mess of some of these forums.

• Grant - they're not in chronological order... Look back in the sequence - there will be posts you haven't seen before. Look at the post #: the out of sequence ones are the "new ones".

• Oh great, I'm not schizophrenic enough. Now I have to figure out the order in which to read posts.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::crazy::sick:

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Hmmmm...maybe they should be sorting on Post#.

• Situation normal, all F'd up.

Posted 2008-03-06 11:41 Eastern US time

• Is Yoda deciding on the order of these posts? Confused, I am.

Ade

A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
    For detail-enriched answers, ask detail-enriched questions...[/url]

• The server was rebooted last night, so perhaps something broke.

I flipped the TZ to GMT and back to MST. Have someone looking at the server itself to see if it's still on MST or it was moved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply