Time To Recharge

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Time To Recharge

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I’ve glanced at the title of the latest SQL Server Central newsletter “Lots of Interesting Tech News” and it looked like, “Lost Interest in Tech News” :- ) Then I read the first post from Grant Fritchey about taking some time off: good post, good timing and good opportunity to misread the title of the newsletter :- )

• Yep. Pretty much.

Ha!

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Rayis Imayev wrote:

I’ve glanced at the title of the latest SQL Server Central newsletter “Lots of Interesting Tech News” and it looked like, “Lost Interest in Tech News” :- ) Then I read the first post from Grant Fritchey about taking some time off: good post, good timing and good opportunity to misread the title of the newsletter :- )

Rayis, it is true that often our brains do strange things with language.  And it gets worse with age, epecially if you have a sarcastic bent.  There is always a risk to sarcasm.

On the other hand, lots of the time it is just the use of automation such as spell check and auto complete software.  I see this especially on news websites.  One can hardly ever read the news without seeing blatant misuse of language, often with very bad results.

If the lost interest gets too bad, just look for the 'unsubscribe' link.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• Have a great time off, Grant!

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• just remember when to unwind ....

wind-unwind

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Good on you, learning to solder. Its a useful skill, one I still have not mastered, but it opens up a variety of possibilities and artistic endeavors. If you ever decide to visit some of the smaller battlefields in Virginia, especially around Richmond, take a little time out to visit some of our breweries and distilleries.

Enjoy your time, and looking forward to your return when its over.

Luther

• I didn't think much of the sabbatical until I took one. After my second, I think it's a great way to reward long term employees with a chance to unwind and come back stronger.

Enjoy the time away, Grant, and if you read this before the end of August, shame on you.

• Enjoy your time off Grant.

I don't know if they still do it but you used to be able to tour Gettysburg on horseback. It was an amazing experience.

• Uh oh. All the shame.

Thanks Steve.

Appreciate it Luther. I plan to hit the Virginia battlefields someday.

Tom, not sure, but I had a blast tromping around the Gettysburg battlefield with the scouts. We even reenacted Picket's charge (albeit with far less destruction & death).

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Grant, hope you enjoy the Gettysburg visit.  If you want it personalized, contact my nephew Tom Clark, tclarkguide@gmail.com, who has been a teacher for years and does guided tours at the battlefield.  Your paths may cross, but he is getting ready to leave for some relief work in Ukraine and Romania so he might not be there when you visit.  I told him you are planning to visit. You'll recognize him.  Looks just like Senator Tom Cotton!

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• This summer: two Cardinals games to see Albert Pujols' swansong. We opted for Phoenix ... in August. But, stadium is in-doors, so air conditioned and no chance of rainouts. And, the convenience of airport/ballpark/hotel were unbeatable and everything well priced.

Enjoy your Civil War journeys. Been to Vicksburg, but didn't have a chance to explore. After 10 years of dreaming, I was supremely happy to visit Gettysburg in 2018, and already looking forward to another visit. Found a superb app that works with the Auto Tour, videos included (Gettysburg Driving Tour, worth every penny).

Trying to figure out the world of SQL as marketing consultant for SQL Solutions Group https://sqlsolutionsgroup.com/

• Thanks Rick, but I'm not actually going to Gettysburg this trip. Sorry for the confusion. This time it's Pea Ridge and Vicksburg.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Have fun with the baseball. Most fun I've had is going to the games with Allen White. I like watching him watch the game. Far more fun than the game itself (sorry, not a fan, not detracting from it, again, I'll go in a NY second with Allen).

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply