TIME REQUIRED TO RETRIVE ALL THE TUPLES

• HI ALL

I HAVE AN ENTITY  IN WHICH THERE 74300 TUPLES..

THE SIZE OF EACH TUPLE  BY ADDING OF DATASIZE OF ALL ATTRIBUTES  IS 511 BYTES.

WHAT IS THE APPROXIMATE TIME REQUIRED TO RETRIVE ALL THE TUPLES  FROM THE DATABASE..WITHOUT WHERE CLAUSE..

SAY "SELECT * FROM ENTITY_NAME"

I AM USING

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.194 (Intel X86) Personal Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4)

Any one.. Please help me ...

• Hi Veeresh,

As per my knowledge u cannot query all the tuples without a join.

A tuple is used to define a slice of data from a cube; it is composed of an ordered collection of one member from one or more dimensions. A tuple is used to identify specific sections of multidimensional data from a cube; a tuple composed of one member from each dimension in a cube completely describes a cell value. Put another way, a tuple is a vector of members; think of a tuple as one or more records in the underlying database whose value in these columns falls under these categories. A series of diagrams presents different types of tuples.

For More information read BOL

Type Members, Tuples, and Sets

and search .

The shaded area of the cube represents the (Time.[2nd half]) tuple. Note that this tuple encompasses half of the cube, because it does not rule out any information in the Source or Route dimensions.

HTH

From

Killer

• Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

Here What meant for Tuple is record and Entity means Table.

I have a table called Products having 74300 records. When i execute

"select * from products"  statement , the time taken to retrive all 74300 records is 7sec. I wanted to measure up the time taken to retrive the records.

Is there any standards like for example for 10000 records 3 sec ..something like that..

Or any other resources that we have to consider while mearing..

oK...

Help Me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply