Three Days and a Notebook

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Three Days and a Notebook

• The ubiquitous presence of devices is a blessing in many ways, but one consequence is that we generally spend less time deep thinking. I mean, twenty years ago those occasions where we found ourselves sitting in the waiting room or riding the train were an opportunity to think (at it was for thinking people). However, today it's most often spent puttering around on the internet or playing a video game. Even stuff like formulating an opinion is outsourced to bloggers, news websites (real and fake), and social media influencers. I agree that it's good to occasionally (or routinely) put aside our everyday concerns and distractions and spend some time quiet reflection or opening our minds to fresh ideas from others.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Looking forward to hearing all about It Steve!  Enjoy your "time off" ha ha!!

And yes, anytime spent with a family member is generally always time well spent, regardless of what else you may have wanted to be doing!! 

Cheers!

• Lots of envy, Steve. I've never been to a Build conference. Never went to PDC. I hope to one day to able to attend any conference to be able to learn from others discuss with colleagues in other companies how they solve problems, etc. Oh well.

Have a good time!

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Rod at work - Monday, May 8, 2017 8:43 AM

Lots of envy, Steve. I've never been to a Build conference. Never went to PDC. I hope to one day to able to attend any conference to be able to learn from others discuss with colleagues in other companies how they solve problems, etc. Oh well.

Have a good time!

Thanks, I've been lucky in my career and am already mapping out a variety of different items. IoT, Node, Azure, Cognitive Services, a variety of things to get excited.

• brad.pears - Monday, May 8, 2017 7:42 AM

Looking forward to hearing all about It Steve!  Enjoy your "time off" ha ha!!

And yes, anytime spent with a family member is generally always time well spent, regardless of what else you may have wanted to be doing!! 

Cheers!

I'll try to ensure I find time to write up notes

• Biggest software conference I've been to was the SQL Rally when it was in Dallas. Probably said hi to Steve then.

Have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply