The \'Tabular View\' feature is not included in the \'64 Bit Standard\' edition of

• Hi Experts

Kindly help, i am getting this error when trying to process the cube on SQL 2014 standard, visual studion 2017

Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Tabular View" feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard' edition of Analysis Services"

Anyone who came across this before.

Thanks in advance

• The message means exactly what it says, SQL Server 2014 only supports the Tabular functionality in Enterprise or Business Intelligence edition:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/getting-started/features-supported-by-the-editions-of-sql-server-2014?view=sql-server-2014#BISemModel_tabular

Standard edition does support most of multi-dimensional functionality:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/getting-started/features-supported-by-the-editions-of-sql-server-2014?view=sql-server-2014#BISemModel_multi

• Thank you Chris but standard edition runs mdx queries.I cannot run an query.I am trying to help anend user who is experiencing the below

"I  cannot get my report working I get an error that SSRS thinks that the cube is a Tabular model not a multidimensional OLAP. I don;t know what changed, but the queries don;t work anymore, and I cannot even create new MDX queries so I am totally stuck. Google does not have any answers yet, so i am going to continue looking after lunch of why my SSRS cube connections look like Tabular to SSRS."

Thank you Chris again

• We also get this same problem, so now we cannot develop SSRS reports with MDX onto Multidimensional cubes.

• Paul Hough wrote:

We also get this same problem, so now we cannot develop SSRS reports with MDX onto Multidimensional cubes.

Tabular Views is an enterprise feature only.If you need to use use Tabular models you have to use Enterprise. It appers you have purchased the wrong licences.

Of course, without enterprise, you still have access to tradition cubes, just not tabular ones.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks Thom. perhaps the problem is not being stated correctly. We do not have Tabular models, only 'traditional' Multi-dimensional models. In SSRS we are trying to access the 'traditional' models through Visual Studio, but Visual Studio is somehow assuming that our connection is for a Tabular model, which it is not, and we do not want it to be. And there is no setting in the Data Source connection to indicate what type of cubes they are. I am guessing that we have loaded/installed the 64-bit version of the .Net Framework Data Provider for Analysis Services connection software which presumably only supports Tabular, and perhaps we need the 32-bit version of the SSAS connector to load with Visual Studio 2017. But we do not know if this will work or even how to do this.

• You'll be better off posting a topic about your scenario then, Paul. The OP here appears to have been explicitly trying to use the tabular model on a standard instance, where as your question is more related to SSRS it seems than SSAS.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks Thom. Yes, the original question was incompletely stated. He neglected to state that this error message appears in SSRS Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition onto SSAS 2014, and it appears when we are running MDX in the query designer, and the fact that we do not have tabular models at all and do not want to connect to a Tabular model. We will look for the 32-bit version of the data provider.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply