The SSIS File Sweeper

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The SSIS File Sweeper

• Dear Mr Gonzalez,

Your article lack somewhat in explanation. You keep refering to "your example" and "if we used your example" but then you use variables that was not created in your article. The table you created has the following names:

filePath, pattern, daysToKeep, includeSubFolders

You created variables:

daysToKeep, fileMetaData, filePath, includeSubFolders, pattern

but all of a sudden you talk about a variable called FileName???? Maybe I am silly, stupid or just incompetent but now I do not know whether you meant filePath or should I create a variable "fileName". I am rather new in ssis but not in visual studio so I sort of find my way around and tried to do this but till I came to the scripting portion and Visual Studio give me an error. "File" is not defined. I am stumped. I do not know enough and would like to use ssis more often. :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

• Mr.Gonzalez,

I apologize for the "File" part. I never saw the part where you said at the top we must add System .IO.

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

• Hello Mr. Gonzalez,

I am confused on how the properties Directory, FileSpec, Resource are assigned to variables...

based on my understanding the foreach loop container(Locate Files) has ADO enumerator and in this case the container will not show these propoerties...

Are there properties (Directory, FileSpec, Resource ) are assigned in the "Check for Delete" container?

If yes then what will be the enumerator and connection string in this container...

thanks for help on this.

Gaurav Mittal

• Thanks for sharing.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Gaurav,

He left out some important details about the inner loop. That one should be configured as a Foreach File Enumerator, not and ADO enumerator. The rest of the instructions will make more sense once you select the right enumerator. It's on the Collection tab of the Foreach Loop Editor.

HTH,

Jean

• jreece (5/17/2010)

Gaurav,

He left out some important details about the inner loop. That one should be configured as a Foreach File Enumerator, not and ADO enumerator. The rest of the instructions will make more sense once you select the right enumerator. It's on the Collection tab of the Foreach Loop Editor.

HTH,

Jean

I appears that I left that out. There are two foreach loops. One is to get the data that contains which folders you want to evaluate and the inner foreach loop does the actual deleting.

• Thanks All...this makes sense now.

Gaurav Mittal

• All of the others code should be put in a Try block. The Catch block at a minimum should contain the statement:

Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Failure

• Has anyone seen any tool or code that will actually script out the ssis package?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply