The SQL Joke Thread

• Sue_H - Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:03 PM

sgmunson - Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:51 PM

How do you assassinate a DBA ?

It better be something other than pulling the trigger...that's in someones signature up here. Can''t remember offhand who it is though.

Would it count as assassination if you give him a desire to suicide after deleting all backups and dropping the database in production?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares - Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:13 PM

Sue_H - Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:03 PM

It better be something other than pulling the trigger...that's in someones signature up here. Can''t remember offhand who it is though.

Would it count as assassination if you give him a desire to suicide after deleting all backups and dropping the database in production?

I thought that's what is called a mercy killing.

• Sue_H - Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:03 PM

Sorry Sue, but that's how you do it.  Or even Fire a trigger, but "Pull" is the better word choice.
    You might even say "Pull all his triggers!" ...

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• sgmunson - Friday, February 15, 2019 8:49 AM

Sorry Sue, but that's how you do it.  Or even Fire a trigger, but "Pull" is the better word choice.

I'm old.  Pull my finger. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Friday, February 15, 2019 9:07 AM

sgmunson - Friday, February 15, 2019 8:49 AM

Yep, and you demonstrated that fact with that set of words, as well...  Got a hell of a good laugh out of it, though...  Thanks for that...

• Jeff Moden - Friday, February 15, 2019 9:07 AM

sgmunson - Friday, February 15, 2019 8:49 AM

I got a new type of code smell with that.

• 3 DBAs walk into a diner. The first grabs a menu, the second scans the menu with a smart phone, the third checks the scanned menu for errors.

And the waiter taps his foot, waiting for them to actually do something.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin - Friday, March 1, 2019 11:44 AM

3 DBAs walk into a diner. The first grabs a menu, the second scans the menu with a smart phone, the third checks the scanned menu for errors.

Will they SELECT something from the menu? I just hope they don't accidentally drop a table.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

• Luis Cazares - Friday, March 1, 2019 11:54 AM

Brandie Tarvin - Friday, March 1, 2019 11:44 AM

3 DBAs walk into a diner. The first grabs a menu, the second scans the menu with a smart phone, the third checks the scanned menu for errors.

Will they SELECT something from the menu? I just hope they don't accidentally drop a table.

What will they ORDER BY?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Ray K - Friday, March 1, 2019 12:02 PM

Luis Cazares - Friday, March 1, 2019 11:54 AM

Brandie Tarvin - Friday, March 1, 2019 11:44 AM

What will they ORDER BY?

I'll let you know once they give me an UPDATE.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:

• Why did the DBA cross the road?

To FETCH the NEXT chicken.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin - Friday, March 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Why did the DBA cross the road?

Was he CURSing as he had to do it by CBAC (Chicken by AGONIZING Chicken).......to misquote Jeff Moden

• HappyGeek - Friday, March 1, 2019 11:32 PM

Brandie Tarvin - Friday, March 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Why did the DBA cross the road?

Was he CURSing as he had to do it by CBAC (Chicken by AGONIZING Chicken).......to misquote Jeff Moden

Well it's not like the chicken was going to FETCH itself. @=)

• Just to have some fun mixing metaphors...

What if the DBAs at the diner ORDERed BUY the Jerk Chicken?  Does it FETCH NEXT itself?
    Who CURSORs as a RESULT SET ?   "Jerk by agonizing Jerk" just doesn't have quite the same
    ring to it...   And what will Jeff Moden think?   Will the CURSORing continue?

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply