The software used for these fora is...?

• I'm looking around as many high-volume websites as possible, to see what forum software they're using. Of course it's not always obvious whether the forum software is homemade, 3rd party or customised. Does anyone know what this site is using?

My reason for asking? My own website's forum software is showing its age, rapidly approaching its best-before date, and I need to find a replacement that has solid performance and really good scalability. Ideally it would be .Net for ease of integration into a site that is 99% .Net code already.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Keith Macdonald

http://www.doctors.net.uk

• Keith,

We use Instant Forums (instantforum.co.uk) for the site. It's done ok , we have the code to integrate it into our .NET site. However we have some scale issues and it's slow at times. We're still digging in to determine why and what can be done. I'm not sure I'd think this is the best out there, though it's worked fairly well.

We get over 200 new posts a day, over 400 replies, and have thousands of pages views a day. I think that the /forums sub-site gets about 20% of our traffic, which would be about 2,000 people a day, maybe in the 20k page views a day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply