The Results Tab

• Eirikur Eiriksson (5/3/2014)

IMHO: The ability to quickly hide and show the result pane is very helpful, especially when working with limited screen estate (laptops, tables & mobiles).

😎

+1

I work for DEV environment and work with queries a lot. ctrl+R is useful when you want to see only the query you are writing and hide the result set of previous query

• Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)

Thomas Abraham (5/2/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

Bhaskar.Shetty (5/1/2014)

The good one and part of our Daily routine

Is it? I can't recall a situation where I've actually used this facility, although I knew the correct answer...would be interested to know what people use this for?

Same here. I don't recall ever even thinking I needed this.

+1

I use this daily. If I am writing a large query (for a report for example) that returns a lot of rows, I hide the results pane a lot. I run the query, enlarge the result set so I can take a good look at the rows returned. Then I hide the results again so I can keep working on the query.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thanks for the question by the way!

• Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)

You can drag & drop that border line between query pane & result pane to minimize the result pane.

Indeed you can. And then drag and drop it back again when you want to see the results again.

So much quicker and easier to use Ctrl-R 🙂

• Koen Verbeeck (5/5/2014)

Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

Is it? I can't recall a situation where I've actually used this facility, although I knew the correct answer...would be interested to know what people use this for?

+1

I use this daily. If I am writing a large query (for a report for example) that returns a lot of rows, I hide the results pane a lot. I run the query, enlarge the result set so I can take a good look at the rows returned. Then I hide the results again so I can keep working on the query.

Does no-one else use the options setting 'Dispaly results in a separate tab'? You see a complete pane of results automatically when the query has run, then one quick switch back to the query. F6 toggles you between the query, results and messages. For me it's by far the best option.

• david.irvine 7489 (5/13/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (5/5/2014)

Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

+1

Does no-one else use the options setting 'Dispaly results in a separate tab'? You see a complete pane of results automatically when the query has run, then one quick switch back to the query. F6 toggles you between the query, results and messages. For me it's by far the best option.

Interesting suggestion, will try it out someday.

• david.irvine 7489 (5/13/2014)

I used to do this in some presentations. Also, included the query on the second tab with text. However it felt strange to me.

I like showing/hiding results better. Seems to flow easier for me as a presenter.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply