The Real World: Implementing AWE

• kennethigiri (9/21/2012)

quackhandle1975 (6/29/2012)

Nice article, I have implemented this a number of times, as much as you try and coerce your boss/cient into using/buying 64bit OS/SQL, you have to work with what is in front of you. As an aside I did have an issue where I capped the SQL Memory to 28GB (out of installed 32GB) however SQL seemed to ignore this after the reboot. Never got the chance to find out why.

qh

Interesting. Do you mind sharing the steps you took to cap this? And the values displayed when you do exec sp_configure.

Capped the memory to 28GB (so 1024 x 28 = 28672MB) in SSMS and restarted SQL Service, but when checking the mem used by sqlserv.exe it was still showing as over 31GB. The steps I wanted to use were thus: Lock pages in memory; click AWE checkbox; restart SQL.

Never got the chance to imlpement this as the server was a production box and I then left the client.

Would be interested if anyone would verify if my steps would have solved the issue.

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]

Viewing post 16 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply