The Query Store Capture Mode

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Query Store Capture Mode

• Steve, how does setting the parameter to NONE meet the requirement that "we want Query Store to continue to monitor these queries?"  The AUTO setting filters out small adhoc queries and other queries that MS has determined are likely not of interest seems like a better response out of the options listed.  While setting the parameter to NONE while testing then back to its normal setting after would be what I would do.

• QDS does continue to watch the queries that are stored in the it's table, letting you know how they are performing. If you don't want any other ones, this works.

Weird, but it works. Not sure I'd use it, but it specifically does this if you want QDS limited to the workload you've pre-loaded.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

QDS does continue to watch the queries that are stored in the it's table, letting you know how they are performing. If you don't want any other ones, this works.

" Once we've completed this, we don't want to capture any ad hoc or DBA queries that are run, but we want Query Store to continue to monitor these queries."

I don't think it was clear what you meant by "these queries". From the "correct" answer it appears you were referring to the test queries, but the distribution of responses suggests many people thought you were referring to the ad-hoc queries.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply