THE PROCESS COULD NOT CONNECT TO A SUBSCRIBER

• I am receiving the following error when I try to replicate from SQL SERVER 2005 to ORACLE 9.2.0.8:

THE PROCESS COULD NOT CONNECT TO A SUBSCRIBER:'MY ORACLE DATABASE'.(Source:MSSQL_REPL,Error number:MSSQL_REPL20084)

Issue resolved after installing the Oracle driver.

• Another use (dotcomboy) was having similar problem - here is his post:

dotcomboy-

I'm trying to setup a push replication from SQL 2005 to Oracle 10g and I'm getting errors. I've installed the complete 10g client along with OLEDB 10.2. I've granted complete rights to the oracle directory on the SQL server side. I can TNSPing the Oracle DB and I can connect to the DB via the Data Source (ODBC).

I've run out of ideas. Please HELP!

Here is my error from the replication monitor in SQL 2005.

Error messages:

The process could not connect to Subscriber 'TESTREP'. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20084)

Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20084

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified (Source: MSSQL_REPL_ORACLE, Error number: 12154)

Get help: http://help/12154

dotcomboy-

If anyone is interested I figured it out.

it was simply copying over the tnsnames.ora from the original Oracle client install. After I installed the OLEDB it created a new oracle home and this is where sql was looking.

Hope this helps,

ChrisB MCDBA

MSSQLConsutling.com

Chris Becker bcsdata.net

• I have seen this resolution but I am not getting an Oracle error. I only get the MSSQL_REPL20084 error: The process could not connect to Subscriber'RMDRTE'.

• I seem to encounter both issues i.e. the MSSQL error and the ORACLE error but after creating an environmental variable for the ORACLE_HOME, the ORACLE error has disappeared but the MSSQL error:20084 still exists, please who has a solution to this?

timi ASL

• I am having the same issue too. I am trying to replicate data from SQL 2005 to DB2. Gettign an error MSSQL_REPL20084.

Any help would be appreciated.

Prakash B

• I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to replicate to Oracle 10g from a SQL 2000 instance (32 bit) on a W2K3 Server 64 bit.

When I use the OraOLEDB.Oracle Driver, I get this error:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

(Source: OraOLEDB (); Error number: 12154)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I use the Microsoft Oracle Driver i get this error:

ORA-06413: Connection not open.

(Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (); Error number: 6413)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Here is my error message as well:

The process could not connect to Subscriber 'OracleServer'.

• Does somebody figured out something? I still having the same issue

Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20084)

Connecting a SQL 2012 in Windows 2008 R2 x64 to Oracle 11g. I have configured the Oracle driver and ODBC, it works fine in sqlplus, linked server, and SSIS.

any idea why it doesn't work in snapshot replication?

~Marcos

• I m trying to replicate from onprem sql server to azure db (error 20084) but getting could not connect to subscribers.Please help me how to resolve error.its important.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply